OSAKA – A PLACE TO BE “A COUNTRY KITCHEN”
The Japanese have a famous saying: “If you want to watch Kimono, go to Kyoto, and if you want to eat well, go to Osaka.” Every dish in Osaka has a unique flavor:
– Okonomiyaki – Japanese pancake: Cabbage and ingredients such as squid, shrimp, octopus, or meat are mixed together into bread flour and baked on a very large teppan grill before being eaten with okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise , green apples (aonori) and dried tuna (katsuobushi).
– Takoyaki – Grilled octopus: is a traditional Osaka street food. Cake flour is made from flour and egg shell outside the octopus slices, ginger, green onions and fried on a special takoyaki pan.
– Osaka Udon noodles: Udon noodles are made from wheat flour. In Udon, there are many variations, depending on the region, the locality and the different weather, the noodles are also made of thick, different thickness. It is said that the Dashi soup – the deciding factor for the defeat of Udon – comes from the Osaka culinary culture. “Osaka Udon” with the characteristic of very rich Dashi soup extracted from urume, fish and kelp.
KYOTO – WHERE FOOD ART IS COMPLETED TO HIGH PEAK
Japan’s ancient capital also preserves the traditional cuisine of hundreds of years, with unique and exquisite dishes:
– Sushi in Kyoto style: As a city not near the sea, traditional sushi of Kyoto is often made with preserved fish. One of the most popular sushi is sabazushi, made with mackerel soaked in rice rolls and wrapped in kombu seaweed.
– Tofu: Kyoto is famous for its clean water, creating a deliciously crafted tofu.
– Kyo kaiseki: This special delicate dish follows three principles: using seasonal ingredients, using special aromas and must show hospitality through each dish, decoration. A kaiseki meal is served in a way that breaks down the rations, and the dishes are served one after another.
TOKYO – THE ROAD OF THE DINNER
Japan’s capital owns 227 restaurants, awarded 309 Michelin stars for cuisine:
– Sushi in Tokyo: Tokyo is the place where sushi artists are gathered – masters of perfection and simplicity.
– Ramen noodles: Tokyo not only stands out for its luxurious and expensive dishes. Here, you can try traditional ramen noodles with chopped onions with seaweed or pork.
– Curry: is another attractive popular dish. With a strong flavor, the dish is a blend of light spicy sauce with rice and meat.
– Sweet cakes: Tokyo has sweet cakes that impress people with their goodness and sophisticated, sophisticated as the works of art. Here you can enjoy the mille-feuille watermelon cake and gorgonzola ice cream or a glass of traditional kakigori shaved ice.